- Additional Cast and Staff for 'Maou-sama, Retry!' Announced
- Additional 'Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka?' Cast, Staff Announced
- Interview: Code Geass Production Team Discuss Latest Movie
- Fourth Additional Cast Pair of 'Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga' Announced
- English Dub Cast of 'Kämpfer' Announced
On May 1, fifteen months after Akagi: Yami ni Oritatta Tensai finished serialization, Nobuyuki Fukumoto published a sequel chapter to the long-running manga in the June issue of Kindai Mahjong magazine. Titled Yami Ma no Mamiya, it picks up 20 years after (Note: Highlight text to read spoiler) the death of Akagi: Yami ni Oritatta Tensai protagonist Shigeru Akagi. It’s unclear if and when the sequel will receive a full serialization, though the chapter hints at more information to come.
Akagi: Yami ni Oritatta Tensai, also serialized in Kindai Mahjong, was published over 27 years from June 1991 to February 2018. It details the rise and fall of Shigeru Akagi, a fearless man who discovers his knack for mahjong and gambling one fateful night. It was adapted into a 26-episode anime—Touhai Densetsu Akagi: Yami ni Maiorita Tensai—by Madhouse in Fall 2005, and received multiple live-action adaptations and a manga spin-off.
Fukumoto is a prolific author and illustrator known for the presence of gambling in his works. Outside of Japan, he is most famous for Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor, the anime adaptation of his manga Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji.
Source: Comic Natalie